Information and Welcome evening - Monday 20th April 2020 - registration from 6.00 pm - Presentation at 7.00
Largs Sail Training Association runs a very active training programme for adults and junior Largs Sailing Club Members. We are an RYA Recognised Training Centre, running a full range of RYA courses in:
- Dinghy Sailing
- Shorebased subjects such as First Aid
The LSTA has a modern fleet of training boats suited to a range of ages and abilities, allowing us to provide training for beginners from the first time they step in a boat up to advanced techniques such as sailing with spinnakers. The fleet includes:
- 6 RS Visions
- 6 RS Fevas
- 6 RS Q'bas
- 12 RS Teras
- 6 Toppers
- 2 Dart 16s
- 12 Starboard Rio windsurfers with Tushingham rigs
Weekly training sessions for this season will be:
- Monday evenings from April 27: Senior Cadets (14 and over), Adults (beginners and improvers)
- Thursday evening from April 30: Junior Cadets (8-13) - beginners, intermediate and advanced
We will also run supported racing for cadets & adults (with RYA stage/level 2) as part of the club's racing programme on Wednesday evenings.
The full programme is in the pdf file at the bottom of this page.
Weekend and Summer Courses
- We are also running some weekend courses (dates tbc)
- Youth Sailing Week: 10 - 14 August 2020
You can book all LSTA training at: https://webcollect.org.uk/lsta You must be an LSC member to take part in regular training, however non-members are very welcome on short courses. Non-member course fees include temporary membership of the club.