Information and Enrolment evening - Thursday 15th March 2018 - registration from 6.00 pm - Presentation at 7.00
Largs Sail Training Association runs a very active training programme for adults and junior Largs Sailing Club Members. We are an RYA Recognised Training Centre, running a full range of RYA courses in:
- Dinghy Sailing
- Shorebased subjects such as First Aid
The LSTA has a modern fleet of training boats suited to a range of ages and abilities, allowing us to provide training for beginners from the first time they step in a boat up to advanced techniques such as sailing with spinnakers. The fleet includes:
- 6 RS Visions
- 6 RS Fevas
- 6 RS Q'bas
- 12 RS Teras
- 6 Toppers
- 2 Dart 16s
- 12 Starboard Rio windsurfers with Tushingham rigs
Weekly training sessions for this season will be:
- Monday evenings from April 23: Senior Cadets (14 and over), Adults (beginners and improvers),
- Thursday evening from April 26: Junior Cadets (8-13) - beginners, intermediate and advanced
- Sunday mornings from (TBA): Advanced race training for squad members
We will also run supported racing for cadets & adults (with RYA stage/level 2) as part of the club's racing programme on Wednesday evenings from 2nd May.
The full programme is in the pdf file at the bottom of this page.
Weekend and Summer Courses
- We are also running some weekend courses (dates tbc)
- Youth Sailing Week - 6-10 August 2018.
You can book all LSTA training at: https://webcollect.org.uk/lsta You must be an LSC member to take part in regular training however non-members are very welcome on short courses. Non-member course fees include temporary membership of the club.